RE: examples of sites with good accessibility

You're right that there's no keystroke in JAWS (or Window-Eyes, or Home
Page Reader, or HAL) that would allow the user to query the title
attribute of a specific element. And I for one think it would be
incredibly useful, though it would need to be coupled with some kind of
indication that the title attribute is present to be queried (a chime or
bong or beep would work, at least for me). I submitted this as a feature
request to Freedom Scientific a while back, so of course I'd be
delighted if they implemented it in JAWS 8.0.

JAWS *does* have a fature, in the Sound Manager, that allows the user to
tell JAWS to watch for the presence of the title attribute. And you can
tell it to play a sound or say something when it finds the attribute.
But so far I haven't been able to figure out how to make it say anything
except the word "title"-- which is more annoying than anything else.

But it seems like the *pieces* of the solution are (almost) in place.

"Good design is accessible design"
John Slatin, Director
Accessibility Institute University of Texas at Austin 1 University
station Stop G9600
Austin, TX 78712, USA
Phone +1.512.495.4288 Fax +1.512.495.4524 cell +1.512.784.7533
email jslatin@austin.utexas.edu
www.utexas.edu/research/accessibility/