RE: JAWS assistance

From: Web Usability Roger Hudson <rhudson@usability.com.au>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:23:20 +1000
To: "Virginia Shedden" <vshedden@2degreesresearch.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi Virginia

The problems you describe do relate to a specific screen reader. The users
of different screen readers are likely to have the same experiences when
using the site.

Last year, a couple of colleagues and I did a bit of research with a group
of screen reader users. In part the research looked at the use of structural
labels and skip links. The results are in a paper which you might find
interesting http://www.usability.com.au/resources/source-order.cfm

Regards
Roger