RE: Find as you type for navigation

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 10:35:55 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Alastair Campbell

> I'm starting to feel a little stupid now: For the second time
> in a week
> someone has pointed something out about an application I've been using
> for years and not actually realised how it worked!

That's not your fault. It's the fault of browser/OS manufacturers for
putting their (often undocumented) easter-egg style functionality
for "power users" in their applications.

> I wonder how many people knew that, and if it has changed
> since previous
> versions of windows? I'm sure it didn't use to do that...

I'm reasonably sure that this was added during the jump from
Windows 2000 to Windows XP, but I may be wrong.

Patrick
________________________________
Patrick H. Lauke
Web Editor