RE: looking for an accessible user friendly free search tool:

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 15:12:15 +0100
To: "wai-ig list" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> David Poehlman

> I need a free search tool which is 508 compliant, accessible
> and user
> friendly.  We are not above building one but if there is one already
> available or an example we can follow, it would be helpful to
> have it
> pointed out?

We're running HtDig with a slightly customised set of template files here
at Salford http://search.salford.ac.uk. It's not perfect, but does the job
and is reasonably easy to hack (although it won't do XHTML, unless you
fancy tweaking the engine's source and recompiling).

Patrick H. Lauke
Web Editor / University of Salford