RE: Where's Bobby? Are we left with Cynthia?

From: Julian Scarlett <Julian.Scarlett@eden.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 13:44:30 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> And clients who payed for it want to communicate which
> standards they conform to. So, "no logo" seems not smart to
> me, not in marketing accessible web sites today. When every
> site is accessible - in other
> words: accessibility is the norm - than nobody needs a logo.
>
> Martin Stehle

Bobby was *never* a standard. Bobby was a tool (and not a particularly good one although at that). At the time it was one of the few and freely available which made it very popular.
The notion that people were developing to the 'Bobby standard' and therefore entitled to put the logo on is the root of the negative comments that you're receiving. The only logo that means anything in this context is a W3C one.

Julian

 Security System on behalf of Eden District Council . For more information on a proactive email security service working around the clock, around the globe, visit http://www.messagelabs.com