source order, skip links and structural labels

From: Web Usability Roger Hudson <rhudson@usability.com.au>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:03:50 +1100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Cc: "Lisa Miller" <lisam@webboy.net>, "Russ - Maxdesign" <russ@maxdesign.com.au>

FYI

Last year, Russ Weakley, Lisa Miller and I did some research into the
relevance and importance for screen reader users of page source order, skip
links and structural labels, which identify the navigation menus on the
page. The results were presented at OZeWAI in December 2005.

An article describing the research process and our findings is now available
at http://www.usability.com.au/resources/source-order.cfm

Information about Structural Labels and sample markup is available at
http://www.maxdesign.com.au/2006/01/17/about-structural-labels/

Regards
Roger Hudson