Re: Key bindings... (user agents - was accesskey was ...)

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 18:48:07 +0100, Geoff Deering <geoff@deering.id.au>
wrote:

>  I'm not to sure if you got my initial point.  What I am talking about
> is a complete default mapping that you pick from a drop down list, load
> it and it changes all your keyboard mappings in one go to reflect the
> mapping of the application you are used to.  This would also help users
> move more easily between screen readers.  Don't like it.  Move back to
> the old one easily.  And there is usually a facility to save custom
> keyboard mappings.
>  In all the best text editors out there you can change your keyboard
> mapping from VI to Emacs to whatever easily.

Opera currently ships with the default Opera mapping only (small download,
remember ;-) but you can change it at your pleasure, to have multiple
keyboard configurations you select from a menu.

If you want a different one, you can ask someone else to make it, and just
add it. No big deal...

cheers

Chaals

--