RE: picture file standard for embossers

No, and I wouldn't expect that to happen soon.  Tactile modeling in general is an evolving art.  The embossers capable of graphics vary in features (resolution, texture types).  Finally, and most confounding, there is no general algorithmic way to represent color tactually.  There is no foolproof way to represent a color image with grayscale, let alone black and white line art.  There are some embossers that do a good job out of the box with black and white line art, but anything more complicated than that needs to be considerably reworked almost from scratch.