RE: [WebAIM] Best automated Accessibility evaluation tool

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:00:49 -0000
To: "WebAIM Discussion List" <webaim-forum@list.webaim.org>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Paul Collins

> Looking at Accessibility evaluation software, could anyone
> recommend the best tool for all-round evaluation?

I've recently discovered (and fell in love with) the standalone
version of TAW3

It does validation against WCAG 1.0 (and you can select exactly
which checkpoints to validate against, if need be), assists enormously
during the manual checking phase (creating custom views of the currently
evaluated page that should facilitate the human tester's job, plus
a way to keep track of manual test results) and can generate nice
reports in HTML and even EARL.

...and you can also let it spider a site (with customisable depth levels).

For a free tool, it's amazingly impressive.

Patrick H. Lauke
Web Editor / University of Salford