Accessible On Line Chat Application

From: Julian Voelcker <asp@tvw.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 13:30:13 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Have any of you come across a good implementation of an online chat
system that is also accessible?

I have come across several that are Java/Flash based and in the past
have made something in ASP that launched in a new window and used
frames to provide the standard layout showing the messages in the top
screen that refreshed using the META refresh tag every 5 seconds and
then providing a screen below it for entering new messages.

I know I could probably rehash what I have done in the past and make it
reasonably accessible, but would be interested to know if anyone else
has tackled this and what they have ended up doing.

Cheers,

Julian Voelcker
Cirencester, United Kingdom