RE: Misuse of WAI logos

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 16:30:05 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
> Julian Scarlett

> Does anyone know how (to whom) to report misuse of WAI
> conformance logos? Is there a name and shame site anywhere?

I'd hazard a guess that there's nothing at the W3C's end

From http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG1-Conformance.html

"Responsibility for accuracy of claims

Content providers are solely responsible for the use of these logos.
Before using these logos as part of a conformance claim, we recommend
that the provider be familiar with the Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines 1.0 and use a variety of review methods to ensure that
any page using this logo meets the conformance level claimed.
Providers should also ensure that anyone maintaining or updating
the site is familiar with logo use, and either re-reviews the page or
removes the logo from the page if they are unsure whether it still
meets a specified conformance level."

I'm not aware of any specific name and shame sites, but possibly
a well placed post in a few accessibility forums, combined with a friendly email to the site's web team, may be a start?

Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford