RE: Checkbox Label Problem

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:16:54 +0100
To: "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
> Matthew Smith
> I want to put the checkbox before the item title.
> Whilst the title might make acceptable contents for a <label></label>
> for the checkbox, the item title is already an external link
> to the page
> described by the title.  I assume that using a link (which is
> an action)
> as a label for another, different action is a bad idea.

I wouldn't see it as a problem. Yes, you have a link as an action,
and its text acts as a label for the checkbox. The only small issue
this throws up is that the label can't, in this instance, act as an
additional clickable area to tick the checkbox, but that's a small
issue in this context, IMHO.

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford