RE: label tag question

From: Jim Thatcher <jim@jimthatcher.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 08:05:29 -0600
To: "'Charles McCathieNevile'" <charles@sidar.org>, "'Beheler Kim'" <beheler_kim@bah.com>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>It does use the title as it should be used, but it is invisible to many
>people. I don't think it is a good pure substitute for a proper label -

The title attribute should be used when the page designer uses visual
placement of elements that give the sighted user a clear idea of what the
input element is to be used for and that is not immediately available to a
screen reader user. I agree that a proper label is better but there are lots
of times when the deisgn doesn't provide such nice text.

Jim

Accessibility Consulting: http://jimthatcher.com/
512-306-0931