RE: Copywriting for Screenreaders (was Alt text for URL's)

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:03:51 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> david poehlman

> In the liniar approach, we would easily split the page into areas and
> provide the ability for all to see who wanted to see them the
> ability to
> directly access the area of interest

And how would they directly access the area of interest? With something
like an internal link to the relevant area...let's call them "skip links"
(or, if the name doesn't appeal, "'jump to' links" ;-)

Ok, sorry for the flippant reply, but I couldn't resist.

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk