Re: accessible banking:

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:20:59 +0000
To: Access Systems <accessys@smart.net>
Cc: wai-ig list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 11:14:49AM -0500, Access Systems wrote:

> test in whatever browser you prefer, and let it degrade gracefully.

Last time I tried that the site turned out entirely unusable in
Internet Explorer. It is a shame, but certain browsers (Netscape 4 and
Internet Explorer being the biggest culprits) do not implement the
various specifications that well.

That said, I think the previous comments on the amount of testing
needed were exaggerated. Sites are generally template based with only
a small number significant variations of design throughout. Testing in
a range of browsers isn't that difficult.

I hate Jeopardy Posting... but if you must put the response ahead of the
quoted copies of a signature that was too long to begin with.