RE: Screen Readers and Operating Systems (was Re: accessible banking:)

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:43:11 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Yep I forgot to list OutSpoken, but from my searching around the net it
appears to have been discontinued and no longer supported, dare I say
replaced with VoiceOver?

DISCONTINUED
THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
THE MANUFACTURER HAS DISCONTINUED IT APPARENTLY DUE TO LACK OF SUPPORT
FROM APPLE.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL US ABOUT ANY QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS PRODUCT AS WE DO
NOT HAVE ANY ANSWERS FOR YOU.
IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE AND THE MANUFACTURER HAS NO PLANS TO OFFER THIS
PRODUCT ANY LONGER.
WE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS UNFORTUNATE FOR MANY WOULD BE USERS.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins

"John M Slatin" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
02/02/2005 03:40 PM

Phill Jenkins/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
cc

Subject
RE: Screen Readers and Operating Systems (was Re: accessible  banking:)

Outspoken is one that I know about, but it doesn't support OSX.

John