Re: Screen Readers and Operating Systems (was Re: accessible banking:)

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:04:06 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Does anyone know of a reference that lists the screen readers for the Mac
OS X platform?  I only know of the soon to be available VoiceOver that
will be built into Mac OS X, and the before mentioned EMACSpeak that runs
on Emacs on top of Mac - not what I would call a Mac OS X screen reader..
But other than that, what "screen readers" are you all talking about? I'm
not aware of any screen reader support for X11 for example.
Phill Jenkins

VoiceOver http://www.apple.com/accessibility/voiceover/
EmacSpeak http://emacspeak.sourceforge.net/
SpeakUp for Linux http://www.linux-speakup.org/