Re: Screen Readers and Operating Systems (was Re: accessible banking:)

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:04:06 -0600
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Does anyone know of a reference that lists the screen readers for the Mac
OS X platform?  I only know of the soon to be available VoiceOver that
will be built into Mac OS X, and the before mentioned EMACSpeak that runs
on Emacs on top of Mac - not what I would call a Mac OS X screen reader..
But other than that, what "screen readers" are you all talking about? I'm
not aware of any screen reader support for X11 for example.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins

VoiceOver http://www.apple.com/accessibility/voiceover/
EmacSpeak http://emacspeak.sourceforge.net/