Re: Colours to aid people with dyslexia

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:24:53 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

David Woolley wrote:

> Which surely means the best answer is that no colour should be specified,
> so that the user can set up their browser with the best colours for them.

Not to be flippant, but: in a vacuum, maybe...but not for a site out
here in the real world.

Seriously though, if the user is already setting up their browser with
the best colours for them, they also have - in practically all
mainstream browsers - a checkbox or similar form element right there in
the same preferences/dialog that lets them override any colours defined
by site authors. Otherwise, we may just start sending out completely
naked, unstyled HTML and shift the onus completely on the users...

Patrick H. Lauke