Re: Summing up the debate about validity at Priority 1 or 2

Hello Bruce

>Another concern has been that WAI stands to loose credibility.

I think it is more worse: w3c is loosing credibility when it doesnot  take
its own recommendations seriously.

>Also please keep in mind that almost none of the WCAG1 P2 or P3 items made
>it into 508 1194.22.
In germany is valid code a p1  (they toke priority 1 and 2 together to
requirement 1) and there is even discussion to develop a DIN-norm for
accessible websites.
http://www.macximal.de/weblog/2005/06/din-zertifizier.php or
http://www.din-certco.de/?lang=de

It probably does not matter what w3c does, Microsoft made some parts of xaml
and avalon for longhorn available for Windows xp. Can be downloaded at
http://www.xamlon.com/software/ and  http://www.xamlblogs.com/  and I even
could read this:

"XAML with Avalon can do the work of:
SVG     -     Scalable Vector Graphics
PDF     -      Portable Document Format
HTML   -     HyperText Markup Language
WMF   -      Windows Media Format
SWF   -       Shockwave Format"-

in a website of a firm that developed software (Aurora)  for xaml/avalon.
see http://www.mobiform.com

Is nice when I can do with the same code so many things  and it can also
handle Windows forms and it is very accessible as nothing ever before, wrote
somebody of Mobiform on a svg-list.

Also nice:IE6  can handle it
XAML/Avalon app's can be hosted in IE6 with full code behind
(known as an Express application). The app runs in a security
sandbox

It does not use css but a xml style syntax in the code as :
<Window.Resources>
  <Style TargetType="{x:Type Button}">
    <Setter Property="Control.Foreground" Value="Red"/>
  </Style>
</Window.Resources>
    <StackPanel>
        <Button Content="Hello" />
        <Button Content="Hello" />
        <Button Content="Hello" />
    </StackPanel>
</Window>

I thought that css was also existing for bandwidth savings.

But what is w3c-wcag doing: telling that own w3c- recommendations are not
important. Implicit tells it that contributions made on w3c-mailinglists are
also not taken seriously and it is wasting of time..also when it are
contributions about issues making recommendations more accessible.

Greetings
Ineke van der Maat