Re: The trouble with data tables!

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:23:10 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> If anyone has a moment, I'd be grateful for some thoughts on the markup of
> three data tables.

Of the three, I would say the first, but I would colspan the sub
headings.

> Eventually the lessons we learned will be applied to financial data tables
> where they will state a category such as assets, then the individual assets

They generally have multiple levels of control break and there is a proposal
about this on www-html today.

Other notes.  There is a typo in an attribute name in the second one.
The DOCTYPE is an HTML one but the syntax contains XHTML features.
There is quite a bit of deprecated markup.  Using div to centre a heading
just isn't right to me, especially as it uses legacy markup.  "indent"
is a bad name for a style; it's presentational.