inherited association in complex data tables

From: Susan Wade <swade@vectorconsulting.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 13:39:22 -0400
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

Hello,

I'm working on an information gathering application for the Centers for
Disease Control and need to ask where I should check to determine if IDs are
inherited in complex data tables?

I have searched the W3 archives and found nothing about this particular
issue ... i.e., if sub-heading B is associated with main-heading A, does
data C, which is associated with sub-heading B, automatically inherit the
association with main-heading A?

Is association inherited?

thanks,
Susan Wade,