RE: Access Keys

From: Patrick Lauke <P.H.Lauke@salford.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:42:33 +0100
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> Tina Holmboe

>   I'd disagree there - it's definetly a bug to have the *same* key
>   sequence launch a browser function AND an access key.

Agree. I think there was confusion as to what you were calling a bug.
On first reading, it looked like you were suggesting that FF using "S"
as a menu shortcut was a bug.

Unfortunately, the big bugbear will remain IE...unless we (WaSP, WAI, whoever)
start lobbying Microsoft to use a different accesskey triggering method.

Patrick
Patrick H. Lauke
Webmaster / University of Salford
http://www.salford.ac.uk