Links to non accessible resources

From: Vicente Luque Centeno <vlc@it.uc3m.es>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 18:37:14 +0200 (CEST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I have some videos (non accessible resources) linked from my home page
[1]. I have no alternative for them, but I don't think my home page has a
barrier here, because these videos are not embedded ("object" tag), but
externally linked ("a" tag). So, I don't think my web page should be
considered non accessible for that reason. However, some evaluation tools
say that, as long as I have a link to a video or song, I MUST publish the
alternative. I don't agree with that. It is the same problem as if I make
a link to a non accessible web site.

Comments? Suggestions?

[1] http://www.it.uc3m.es/vlc

Vicente Luque Centeno