XUL Accessibility Tool - Keypad

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 15:17:27 +0930
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi All

For anyone using Mozilla or any other platform that understands XUL, I
have just written a very simple in-browser keypad programme for
locator-only navigation.

I actually wrote it so that I could "surf" with one hand whilst the
other is occupied with essential caffeine and calories, but feel it may
be of interest to anyone working without a keyboard.

The code is at <http://www.mss.cx/keypad.xul> and the associated
stylesheet (all 20 lines of it) at <http://www.mss.cx/keypad.css>
Whilst this works fine over my intranet, I can't get it to execute from
my web server - something wrong with the mime types, I guess.
Interested parties will probably need to download and use locally.

If this is of use to anyone, please feel to take it and use it;
extension/modification is simple - a little knowledge of XML and
JavaScript is sufficient, even for those who have never looked at XUL

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy
South Australia