Re: showing visited links ?

From: Ben Caldwell <caldwell@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 15:55:51 -0500
To: David Harris <David.Harris@tcat.ac.uk>
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

David Harris wrote:

> I'm interested in peoples thoughts about how visited links can be shown
> accessibly. Currently we don't show them in our CSS but want to find  a
> way to do this.  There doesn't seem much discussion on them, least that
> I've found.

Should be trivial to adjust your CSS to differentiate visited from
unvisted links...

As far as accessibility is concerned, this is a user agent issue. There
are a number of screenreaders that can be configured to identify visited
links. If there is a user need to visually indicate the difference, most
user agents can be configured (using browser overrides for CSS or user
CSS) to emphasize (or de-emphasize) visited links according to the users
preferences.

Hope that helps,

-Ben

--