DHTML show/hide sections & screen readers

From: Rebecca Cox <Rebecca.Cox@intergen.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 18:03:01 +1200
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Hi all

I'm working on some pages where there is javascript run onpage load to
hide some divs (by adding CSS display: none), which are then shown when
the user clicks on a link (CSS changes to display: block). Its all in a
window.onload, no script or CSS in the HTML.

I am wondering how screen readers do with this - eg if my use of onclick
is going to cause any issues here. And in general, how do people using
screen readers eg Jaws, find this sort of DHTML? If anyone knows of any
articles etc on this I would be very interested.

My test page is up at http://users.actrix.co.nz/rebecca.cox/dhtml/

Cheers,
Rebecca