RE: Form / label examples to review

Hi Rebecca,
here's an example of how I would mark it up;
I have used the fieldset and legend elements to define the form control
groups.
I have also placed the text labels before the text inputs (according to
convention).
and got rid of the layout table markup.

<fieldset>
<legend>Period covered by Application</legend>
Year and month in 2 digit format. Examples: 1966 = 66, January = 01
<fieldset>
<legend>From</legend>
<label for="mm1">month</label>
<input id="mm1" size="2" type="text">
<label for="yy1">year</label>
<input id="yy1" size="2" type="text">
</fieldset>
<fieldset>
<legend>to</legend>
<label for="mm2">month</label>
<input id="mm2" size="2" type="text">
<label for="yy2">year</label>
<input id="yy2" size="2" type="text">
</fieldset>
</fieldset>

a good article on accessible forms:
http://webstandards.org/learn/tutorials/accessible-forms/01-accessible-f
orms.html

with regards

Steven Faulkner
Web Accessibility Consultant
National Information & Library Service (NILS)
454 Glenferrie Road
Kooyong Victoria 3144
Phone: (613) 9864 9281
Fax: (613) 9864 9210
Email: steven.faulkner@nils.org.au

National Information Library Service
A subsidiary of RBS.RVIB.VAF Ltd.

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside Later
for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com