Java Applet in object element

From: Jim Thatcher <jim@jimthatcher.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:30:29 -0500
To: "'W3C WAI-IG'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

I have just "completed" another search for an example of a Java applet in
HTML content using the <object> tag. I have gotten an applet to work in IE
and Opera with the object tag, but not in Netscape or Mozilla which seem to
require the <embed> tag. My fundamental question is: is it possible to have
an applet on an HTML 4.01 compliant web page that works in the major
browsers, and if so an example please?

Jim

Accessibility Consulting: http://jimthatcher.com/
512-306-0931