Re: Accessibility and safety-critical software

Hello Carl,

In the U.S. Sec 508 of the Rehabilitation Act  spells out accessibility  requirements  for the federal sector's electronic and IT facilities. You could get some guidance there.
One of  the exception  is :
§ 1194.3 General exceptions:

(a) This part does not apply to any electronic and information technology operated by agencies, the function, operation, or use of which involves intelligence
activities, cryptologic activities related to national security, command and control of military forces, equipment that is an integral part of a weapon
or weapons system, or systems which are critical to the direct fulfillment of military or intelligence missions. Systems which are critical to the direct
fulfillment of military or intelligence missions do not include a system that is to be used for routine administrative and business applications (including
payroll, finance, logistics, and personnel management applications).

Thanks,
Sailesh Panchang
Senior Accessibility Engineer
Deque Systems,11180  Sunrise Valley Drive,
4th Floor, Reston VA 20191
Tel: 703-225-0380 Extension 105
E-mail: sailesh.panchang@deque.com
Fax: 703-225-0387