RE: label tag question

From: Marjolein Katsma <iamback4now@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 02:39:26 -0700 (PDT)
To: jim@jimthatcher.com, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

--- Jim Thatcher <jim@jimthatcher.com> wrote:
> I just found a site, http://www.hhs.state.tx.us/business/index.shtml,
> which
> uses a label element around the search button. I tried it with JAWS,
> Window-Eyes and HPR. None of them speak "search" when arriving at the
> edit
> field.
> I'm surprised.

Well, I'm not. Looking at the code, the label tag has a for attribute
with value "textfield"; the input textbox before it has an id
"SearchString". In fact, I would be surprised is any UA would tie that
label with the input textbox.

Marjolein Katsma
Travel blog: http://iamback.com/blog/
Report spam: http://banspam.javawoman.com/report3.html