RE: What's AT What's a screen reader

David Woolley said:

 > (Tools like JAWS are AT, not screen readers.)

to quote Freedom Scientific
"The most popular screen reader worldwide, JAWS(r) for Windows"

I asked a few of people  at work  to name a few "screen readers"
answers:
person 1 (web accessibility consultant) "JAWS, Window Eyes"
person 2 (screen reader user) "JAWS, Window Eyes"
person 3 (assistive technology engineer) "Window Eyes, JAWS, Supernova"

The term "screen reader" it appears, is associated in peoples minds with
software such as JAWS,
even if the term does not exactly describe what the software does. Why when
there are so many important questions to be answered
and problems to be solved in relation to accessibility do we need to argue
about the correctness of such a term?

the pedantry of some people amazes me......

best regards
stevef

"Web accessibility by any means necessary"

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed Spam messages and set aside Later
for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  http://www.ellaforspam.com