From: "Matthew J. Giustino" <mjg@giustiweb.com>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 8:32 AM
Subject: Re: Short and long descriptions for links

I do agree that it would in fact be poor design if the screen reader
automatically started reading a "longdesc" without first prompting the
user. I was picturing ( in my own mind) the screen reader automatically
reading the "longdesc".

Thank you for your logical viewpoint./

/That aside, I still hold the position that "title" is the only  proper
attribute to use with an "a" element ( ie; hypertext link ).

Matthew J. Giustino
mjg@giustiweb.com