Re: W4A Call for Papers

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 07:08:57 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> Previous engineering approaches seem to have precluded the engineering
> of accessible systems. This is plainly unsatisfactory. Designers,

I'm not in the conference circuit so I can't directly contribute to the
conference, but to me it seems that this is not an engineering problem
but a commercial/marketing one.  It's about time to market, and
looking "sexy".  It's about what is perceived by non-technical management
as the absolute minimum that will produce a healthy cash flow, in the
relatively short term.