Re: Text email newsletter standard

From: Matthew Smith <matt@kbc.net.au>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 07:32:59 +1030
To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:

> I'd say it's about choice, about providing users with information in
> formats
> that are in line with the way they work and their preferences. In an ideal
> world, you'd give them a choice of text email, html email, newsletter on
> your website, RSS feed, Atom...may be overkill, but technically not that
> difficult if the source is held in a database or some easily transformable
> format (XML, even XHTML)

Hmm, true.  Options to be provided at subscription time rather than receiving a
mail-out version with "if you would like to receive this in xyz format...".

And yes, XML/XHTML would be ideal authoring medium.  Just create a set of XSLT
stylesheets and you're away...

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Kadina Business Consultancy