Re: button tag

El Lunes, 29 de Noviembre de 2004 21:55, Matthew Smith escribió:
> Luis Fernando Llana Díaz wrote:

> My solution was to substitute an appropriate value in the processing
> software.
>
> Form Example:
>
> <form method="get" action="http://www.foo.com/bar/baz.cgi">
> <input type="submit" name="action" value="First Button" />
> <input type="submit" name="action" value="Second Button" />
> <input type="submit" name="action" value="Third Button" />
> </fieldset>
> </form>
>
> Code example, in Perl, using CGI module for simplicity.  (I don't know PHP,
> but assume that it must have regular expressions.)
>
> # Initialise CGI module
> use CGI;
> my $q=new CGI;
>
> # Set variable $action to be the value of the submit button selected
> my $action=$q->param('action');
>
> # Use regular expressions to substitute a "sensible" value
> # so that "First Button" becomes "1", etc.
> $action=~s/First Button/1/;
> $action=~s/Second Button/2/;
> $action=~s/Third Button/3/;

Thanks,
  I cannot belive it? does it work with input tags but not with button tags?
Anyway I do not think that is a good solution, for instace if you plan to
makea multilingual application.
May be this is the only one to support IE; but is what I try to avoid, to make
a bad solution only for supporing IE. I rather prefer to warn the users about
using a "HTML 4.01 compliant navigator".

--
http://antares.sip.ucm.es/~luis