Re: button tag

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 21:57:35 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> a bad solution only for supporing IE. I rather prefer to warn the users abo ut
> using a "HTML 4.01 compliant navigator".

Please upgrade messages are a no-no.  You lock out people on limited hardware,
those using WebTV, and those whose best, or only, access if from an office
with a Microsoft only policy (and possibly Microsoft's proprietary proxy
authentication protocols).  In this case you don't lock out text only
browsers, but more generally sites with "please upgrade" messsages often
do.  You will lock out the high profile assistive technology, which is
implemented as IE bolt-ons.