Re: XML format for captions?

Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> thanks, but maybe I should have been a little clearer. I have used SMIL
> before, most recently http://www.splintered.co.uk/experiments/66/
> What I was after was something just to store the caption text in XML
> format (not QText) so it can easily be repurposed and transformed on the
> fly into QText for Quicktime SMIL, an HTML transcript and possibly any
> other standard formats that may be used by companies providing "proper"
> captioning (closed or open) .

That sounds like you're looking for DFXP, the Distribution Format
Exchange Profile. The first Working Draft of that came out at the
beginning of November.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-ttaf1-dfxp-20041101/

See also the Use Cases and Requirements doc:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-tt-af-1-0-req-20030915/

Hope this is closer to what you need.

-