Re: XML format for captions?

From: Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 11:48:10 +0000
To: Matt May <mcmay@w3.org>
CC: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnacc/html/atg_samiarticle.asp

 > MAGpie can generate either:
 > http://ncam.wgbh.org/webaccess/magpie/
 > http://ncam.wgbh.org/webaccess/magpie/magpie_help/

Matt,

thanks, but maybe I should have been a little clearer. I have used SMIL
before, most recently http://www.splintered.co.uk/experiments/66/
What I was after was something just to store the caption text in XML
format (not QText) so it can easily be repurposed and transformed on the
fly into QText for Quicktime SMIL, an HTML transcript and possibly any
other standard formats that may be used by companies providing "proper"
captioning (closed or open) .

It could well be that I'll have to devise my own, if there's nothing
standardised out there. As I said, it wouldn't be a delivery format,
only a storage one...

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com