Re: Fw: FW: Skip navigation in WCAG-2

Thank you for the suggestion.
I'll put the short cuts on the wab site I'm building.

I have another question.
I would like to ask you what is the best way to implement the short
cuts.
This is the same issue with the case of skip navigation. (I'm sorry,
but I don't know another suitable name, so I use "skip NAV"
provisionally.)

I will apologize if this issue has already been solved.

WAI page is using a GIF file for a skip NAV. Does it mean that you
think that using a GIF file for a skip navigation is the most
suitable way to the actual state?

According to the log of the topic, it seems that you have not yet
reached agreement about the way of implementation.

Using CSS, "display: none", is the most proper way, if you want to
hide a link from visual browsers. However, as you know, this CSS
does not work on some screen readers and audio browsers. Therefore I
think that we do not have any ways except the use of a GIF file in
order to provide a solution for current technology users, even if
the way is not structural and not logical.

I would be very pleased if you would tell me how you think about the
issue.

Sincerely,

--
Satoko Tanaka