Re: Layout versus data tables proposal for null summary attribute

From: Kerstin Goldsmith <kerstin.goldsmith@oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:27:59 -0700
To: "Patrick H. Lauke" <redux@splintered.co.uk>
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org, "'Wendy Chisholm'" <wendy@w3.org>

people using tables for layout is not going to go away any time soon ...
also, I am not in favour of banning approaches -- in favor of "if this
method, then this desired result," or "if this technology, then this
desired result, with these possible approaches for attaining said
result, with the understanding that these approaches are not the only
possible solutions ....."