Re: Table used in place of list

This may not be a JAWS problem.

If each FAQ item is in its own cell, then that's what happens when
screen readers read cells row by row, left to right.

If each half of the list is in one cell only, then the new version of
JAWS should read the first cell, then the next cell. However, it has
to be in Tables mode for that to happen.

The accessibility principle is that content in table cells should
"linearize" correctly, that is make sense when cells are read left to
read, top to bottom. IF that's not possible, then users need to to
add axis and header tags to get the order correct (more trouble than
its worth for this scenario in my opinion).

Also, Section 508 specifies that all data tables have TH tags for
data headers and include a SCOPE = row/col attribute.

Cheers

Elizabeth

--
Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.