RE: Accessible web content services.

From: Cheryl D Wise <cdwise@wiserways.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:16:32 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

From: Tina Holmboe

  GAWS was, however, an interesting link to have. I would like to
  understand their position on "Following WAI recommendations where
  appropriate" though.
<<

I don't presume to speak for the organization but my personal take is that
some of the recommendations such as Access Keys may or may not be a good
recommendation to follow. That is an area of considerable debate, which ones
are available that don't conflict with operating system, browser,
accessibility device/programs already assigned keys. No set of "standard"
available keys that can be relied upon, etc. all make following that
recommendation less than an ideal situation.

Cheryl D. Wise
Certified Professional Web Developer
MS-MVP-FrontPage
www.wiserways.com