Re: Should pdf and doc open alone or inside the browser

From: Jesper Tverskov <jesper.tverskov@mail.tele.dk>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:06:10 +0200
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

David Dorward wrote:

RFC 2183 is a *proposed* standard.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

OK, but is a proposed standard a none standard since everybody seems to
use it already? When should we start using it? When will it become

Have I understood you right, that you support my position; at least it
is just a matter of time?

Microsoft recommends using it:

Thousands of web developers are using it, just search for it like this:

Google when serving files like doc, xls, ppt is probably using it, at
least the open/save dialog opens when you search for files with those

The browser Opera always seem to use the open/save dialog no matter
what, but there might be other methods to open it than the
Content-Disposition Header?

Best regards,
Jesper Tverskov