Re: User Responsibility for Web Accessibility

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:47:57 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> developer can put "...the necessary information..." into someone.  If
> learning is the issue, teaching is the solution.  I can write a book, but if
> you don't read it you will never learn what it contains.  Is the author

Unfortunately, my experience is that the popular culture is to blame
the people without whom the technology wouldn't exist at all for speaking
"technobabble" and being elitist.

In my view, one of the best things that technology teachers could do
for the average person is not to teach them the technology, but teach
them how to talk to someone with the technical knowledge in a way that
communicates exactly what they don't understand, rather than just
claiming that everything is gobbledegook.