RE: [WAI-IG] Serving my page in the right language

From: Jewett, Jim J <jim.jewett@eds.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 09:35:59 -0500
To: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> When a user first starts Windows XP there is a language selection bar
> integrated into the bottom of the screen in clear sight.

Not in my experience; it was probably turned off by the manufacturer
(or LAN team, at work) because I'm in the US -- but this shutoff is
probably not unique.  Even if it were always shipped on, I suspect
many intenet cafes would end up having it turned off by a customer,
so that it isn't there for the next customer.

-jJ