Re: [WAI-IG] Serving my page in the right language

From: Kevin McDonagh <info@appletv.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:01:11 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

I'd just like to add a final note before this discussion ends. I think
what we have discussed is an issue of world wide accessibility that is
reasonably poorly addressed. If  anyone is developing for Mozilla or
otherwise developing browser software how about testing out a default
language selection bar?

When a user first starts Windows XP there is a language selection bar
integrated into the bottom of the screen in clear sight. This can be
easily turned off when the user is aware of its presence and feels it is
unwarranted. Maybe such an easily removable default option could be a
feature in future User Agents?

Nice heated discussion guys, but we're starting to repeat ourself now.

--
Kevin McDonagh
Apple Tv Design

info@appletv.co.uk