Re: [WAI-IG] Serving my page in the right language

From: Paul Davis <paul@ten-20.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 15:43:21 -0000
To: "David Dorward" <david@us-lot.org>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

"I could spend my life doing free accessibility analysis of websites and
still only cover a small proportion of the web, "

Here lies the difference in our approach to accessibility, I believe every
little helps.

"you seem to have
missed my point entirely, which was that we shouldn't take our lead from
people less well versed in the technology then ourselves."

I did not miss your point, but neither did I see any claim on any of the
highlighted sites to the effect of suggested trend setting. It seems your
ideal is to point out the lack of ability on the part of others, say you can
do it correctly, then do nothing. It is always easy and safer to seek the
negative angle. I feel it may be time for your's and others' expertise to be
used, not just discussed. That way, may be something could be achieved, not
matter how small. The longest journey starts with a small step. Dare you to
take it.

smiles
Paul