Re: [WAI-IG] Serving my page in the right language

From: David Dorward <david@us-lot.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 21:21:17 +0000
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 15:57, Jesper Tverskov wrote:
> It is interesting that many of the more important web sites that could
> have used HTTP language accept header don't use it:
>
> United Nation, www.un.org

Doesn't use valid HTML
Not very lynx friendly

> European Union, http://www.europa.eu.int

Took me more time then I would have wanted to find the version in my
language.
Invalid HTML once past homepage.

> Nordic Council, www.norden.org, sets cookie

Doesn't use valid HTML
Impossible to use with lynx

Given that, I'm not willing to consider the designers of those sites as
experts and would be surprised if they even knew language negotiation
was possible.

--
David Dorward                                 <http://dorward.me.uk/>