FW: accessible procurement policies

Hi,

although I may have gotten this wrong, but with "accessible procurement
policies" u mean: laws to make the public (in this case the internet)
accessible for handicapped people...?

there is a "disabled-equalization-law" (if u translate it litteraly) in
germany. It's called BGG (Bundes-Behinderten-Gleichstellungs-Gesetz). I
found mainly information in german:

http://wob11.de/gesetze/index.html (in german)
http://www.webforall.info/html/englisch/_index.php (parts in english)

I figuerd u have already been here: http://www.w3.org/WAI/Policy/. There is
a link to the BITV (barrier-free-information-technology-decree) which is
also mentioned in the BGG as a guideline. This guideline also is in german
and i have not found a translation of it in english yet. It states a
"priotity 1" and a "priority 2" which are similar to the WAI-Priotities
(http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10/full-checklist.html#wc-priority-1), but for
some reasons they reduced the number of priorities from 3 to 2 which does
not mean that priority2 (BITV) is equal priority2 (WAI). The whole thing
looks a lot like being put together from all 3 of the WAI priorities.

cheers

Martin

p.s.:

@keiko: yes it is poor human kind did not evolve into the peacful tolerant
and wise people of tomorrow :o( here in germany we have like austria a law,
so that websites of public interest (not private or commercial sites) have
to be accessible for handicaped people. so, what good is a law if people who
are not obeying it don't get punished (...like in paying a fine...)? i think
that is a good thing - and the right direction for human kind ;)

...just my 2 cent...