New Japanese testing tools

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@sidar.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:58:51 +0100
To: "W3c-Wai-Ig list (E-mail)'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Fujitsu have announced their software suite for checking Web
Accessibility, Fujitsu Accessibility Assistance -
http://design.fujitsu.com/jp/universal/assistance/ (Naturally enough
for a japanese company, these tools are in Japanese, and my japanese is
not good enough to test them...

It consists of 3 applications:

ColorDoctor 1.0 simulates how letters and colors might be seen by a
person with colour-blindness. It runs on Windows XP and requires .NET
Framework 1.1.

ColorSelector 3.0 - chooses an appropriate pair of foreground and
background colors and runs on Windows XP with Java 2, and on MacOS X.

WebInspector 3.0 tests whether Web pages are readable for people with
vision impairments, including colour-blindness, and runs on Windows XP
and MacOS X.

They are apparently freely available by online download from Fujitsu
site. (I could navigate to pages and instructions for each of them, but
couldn't read the japanese...)

cheers

Chaals